Caxxandra's made a photoblog: I will post random photos I have taken that I find I like, possibly photos by others that inspire me and I may even write about what inspired me to take each photo, why that photo moves me or what I was doing when I took it.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Vintage Glass Floats
Beached vintage glass floats are something people in the Pacific Northwest find awe in...They are collectibles here worth collecting. They come in various colors and various sizes and sometimes different variances of round shapes. You can find small or medium, but the real commodity is for the large vintage glass floats. My husband has a real good eye for them! We know some others here that have great exploring eyes for these now collectibles too.
Check out this photo here of the latest ball my husband brought home! Once a fisherman's work commodity, to a temporary home to varying slimy sea creatures and cleaned up and placed in my kitchen with the others =) (those little guys can find a home on a beach rock somewhere!).
If you are not from the Pacific Northwest then perhaps you are wondering what is a glass float...or better yet where these come from and why they exist. Check out this article which explains in detail and maybe you can become a collector of original vintage glass floats as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow that one is cool!! When did he find that one?
ReplyDeleteHe found it in May last year. It was all cleaned up and in the kitchen by the time you saw it here :)
ReplyDeleteGlass floats are beautiful, I never knew much about them but now I do! :)
ReplyDelete