Friday, December 17, 2010

Derelict Gear Removal

So, I regretfully admit to not posting on here regularly in the last couple weeks or  more...  I have been so, so busy now unlike for almost a year.  I took on a few hobbies when I was not working/working on-call only, but now that I have taken on more of a full-time work schedule with 2 jobs as a medical transcriptionist, I cannot find so much time to spend on my hobbies such as my Stochastic blog, my jewelry making/selling and my scarf knitting/selling!  It's good and bad...  I need to work (my husband's job has currently run out of funding from the government, so no more work) and I do enjoy it!  However, its become more of a task to attempt to find time to even complete small tasks like this here blog, et cetera.  Such is life and life is such.  But here is a sad shot of something my husband sees every day on the job...A fishing net full of dead animals (sea and air animals).  This is what he has been doing for work for the last few years, diving for old fishing nets and crab pots that fisherman sadly lose and this derelict gear continues to fish/kill, so he saves the day :) over and over again.  Like I said his work has no more funding from the government (we are just hoping for another grant)... But this video is very cool...if you are interested in seeing in more detail what he does under the sea to save the day (heehee) here is a link.  The top video on the page...he is the diver in the boots doing all the dirty work (not the reporter diver in flippers).  This is him pulling a net off the rocks, taking them to the surface with lift bags filled with air.  This is the underwater part of his job.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment